Sunday, January 12, 2014

3 Year Surgiversary!


3 Years Post-Op! So hard to believe, and yet still feels like yesterday.
I still feel so blessed to be able to live life at a healthy weight!



I know that I will always struggle with my weight.  However, my weight does not define me.  Food is not my reason for living.  In an effort to be honest and transparent - after my 2nd year post-op, I did gain about 25 pounds.  It came after a miscarriage, and I turned to food to cope.  I had to take a hard look at what I was going back to, and had a 'come to Jesus' meeting about what I was doing.  In about 6 months, I've lost almost 20 pounds.  Those have been the hardest 20 pounds I've ever lost.  My goal is to lose about 10 more to be at a comfortable weight.  It's a lifelong journey, not a sprint and I don't see that the goal is ever attained, because the goal is to stay healthy each day.  To live happy, healthy and full of joy... to know that I am created and loved by the Maker of the Universe... to know that He is always making goodness out of every circumstance in my life...


No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for leavin' us some love!